Amazon Kindle is an eBook reader designed, developed and sold by Amazon Inc. Furthermore, Amazon Kindle devices allow users to buy, browse, download and read e-books, magazines, and newspapers on the Kindle Fire via a wireless connection. Kindle devices have been a huge success for Amazon since its first release in 2007. However, the Kindle Fire range is a success story for the world of Android tablets for Amazon. Here in this articles we will let you know about few common problems with Amazon Kindle device.
Since Kindle Fire debut, Amazon Kindle devices have had a lot of upgrades with revised Android features. The Kindle Fire HD comes in various sizes with many contents that meet the needs of different users. Amazon dropped the Kindle name completely with the newest Kindle device, Fire tablet. But, Kindle has common problems mentioned on Kindle Fire Support and below is a list of five common problems and how to fix them.
#1. Kindle Startup Problem
There are many Kindle users who have made several complaints on Amazon forums that they face issues during startup. To solve this problem, follow these steps:
- Hold the power button for about 40 seconds to reboot your Kindle, then, press the power button again to turn it on. This should remove any glitch from your Kindle device.
- Like in the previous fix, after holding the power button for 40 seconds and when your Kindle is off, charge it for at least half an hour. If it fails to startup, probably, the battery is dead. In this case, leave it plugged in for one hour before pressing the power button.
- If your Kindle fails to startup after trying the above fix, there is a chance your cable or charger is faulty. Plug your device with another cable and charger.
#2. Issues When Connecting Kindle to Computer
You might encounter trouble connecting your Kindle with a computer to move files and data. You may get messages like “device has stopped responding or disconnected” every time.
- Turn your Kindle and computer off for about 30 seconds, then, turn them on again to reset your device and computer.
- Try using another USB cable and USB port to connect your Kindle.
- After trying the above fix and your Kindle fails to connect, use Dropbox to transfer files between your device and PC.
#3. Internal Error Message on Kindle Fire
Kindle users have encountered errors while trying to use some applications.
- Hold the power button on your device for 40 seconds to restart it, then, press the power button again to turn it on.
- Turn your router off for 10 seconds and turn it back on – to remove any network issues.
- Check if date and time on your Kindle is correct.
- Locate the application that caused the error, slide down from the top of your screen, select “More Applications”, then, and “Installed Applications”. Tap “Force Stop and “Clear Data”.
- De-register your device from “My account”, and then Register Kindle Fire again.
- If issue persists, contact on official toll free number.
#4. Kindle Wi-Fi Connection Problems
Your may not be able to Connect Kindle To WiFi network because of many reasons.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off, and Wi-Fi on.
- Reboot your Kindle like we showed you earlier.
- Download Wi-Fi analyzer to figure out common problems with WiFi.
- Charge your Kindle device, then, tap Factory Resets to wipe all data and settings.
#5. Kindle Battery Charging Problems
Many users of Kindle Fire HD have complained of its charging and battery problems. Some Kindle devices fail to charge, while others, charge slowly but doesn’t reach 100%.
- Turn your Kindle off and charge it for about 2 hours.
- Try charging another Kindle device with your charger.
- Check the charging light indicators, if it does not appear, push your USB cable further gently. Some Kindle Fire HD is known to have loose USB ports, if it does – contact Amazon and ask for a replacement.
- Always use the charger cable that came with your Kindle device.
We believe that this article will help you to fix most occurring common problems on your Kindle Fire tablet. If you are facing any other issue, kindly let us know.