Amazon Kindle is an e-reader (e-book device) designed and sold by Amazon. Furthermore, Amazon Kindle devices allow users to buy, browse, download and read e-books, magazines, and newspapers on the Kindle store via a wireless connection. Kindle devices have been a huge success for Amazon since it’s the first release in 2007. However, the Kindle Fire range is a success story for Kindle Support in the world of Android tablets for Amazon. Here in this articles we will let you know about few common problems with Amazon Kindle device.
Since Kindle Fire debut, Amazon Kindle devices have had a lot of upgrades with revised Android features. The Kindle Fire HD comes in various sizes with many contents that meet the needs of different users. Amazon dropped the Kindle name completely with the newest Kindle device, Fire tablet. But, Kindle has common problems mentioned on Kindle.Com/Support portal and below is a list of five common problems and how to fix them.
#1. Kindle Startup Trouble
Some Kindle users complain about the Amazon forum, stating that their device normally freezes while I use it or won’t power on at all.
- Hold the power button for about 20 seconds to reboot your device, then, tap the power button to power it on. This should remove any glitch on your device.
- Like in the previous fix, after holding the power button for 20 seconds and your device is off, plug in your charger and power your device. If it fails to startup, probably, the battery is dead. In this case, leave it plugged in for one hour before pressing the power button.
- If your device fails to startup after trying the above fix, there is a chance your cable or charger is faulty. Plug your device with another cable and charger.
#2. Issues When Connecting Kindle to Computer
You might encounter trouble connecting to your computer and move files. Messages like “device has stopped responding or disconnected” – pops up every time you encounter this problem.
- Turn your device and computer off for about 30 seconds, then, turn them back on again to reset your device and computer.
- Try using another USB cable and USB port to connect your device.
- After trying the above fix and your device fails to connect, use Dropbox to transfer files between your device and PC.
#3. Internal Error Message on Kindle Fire
Kindle users have encountered errors while trying to use some applications.
- Hold the power button on your device for 20 seconds to restart it, then, press the power button to turn it on.
- Turn your router off for 10 seconds and turn it back on – to remove any network issues.
- Check if your device date and time is correct.
- Locate the application that caused the error, slide down from the top of your screen, select “More applications”, then, and “Installed applications”. Tap “Force stop and “Clear data”.
- De-register your device from “My account”, and then register your device again.
- If issue persists, contact Kindle Fire Support on official toll free number.
#4. Kindle Wi-Fi Connection Problem
Your may not be able to Connect Kindle Fire To WiFi network because of many reasons.
- Make sure your device Airplane mode is off, and Wi-Fi on.
- Reboot your device like I showed you earlier.
- Download Wi-Fi analyzer to know how busy the Kindle channel in your area is.
- Charge your device full, then, tap factory resets to wipe all data and files.
#5. Kindle Battery Charging Problems
Many users of Kindle Fire HD have complained of its charging and battery problems. Some devices fail to charge, while others, charge slowly and doesn’t reach 100%.
- Turn your device off and charge it for about 2 hours.
- Try charging another Kindle device with your charger.
- Check the charging light indicators, if it does not appear, push your USB cable further and gently. Some Kindle Fire HD is known to have loose USB ports, if it does – contact Amazon and ask for a replacement.
- Always use the charger cable that came with your Kindle device.